September 23, 2005

Quotes " "

"Happiness cannot come from hatred or anger. Nobody can say, "Today I am happy because this morning I was very angry." On the contrary, people feel uneasy and sad and say, "Today I am not happy because I lost my temper this morning." Through kindness, whether at our own level or at the national and international level, through mutual understanding and through mutual respect, we will get peace, we will get happiness, and we will get genuine satisfaction." -His Holiness the Dalai Lama

I received this email this morning from Beliefnet. How appropriate, as it has been the subject of or referred to in several posts. Just thought I'd share it.

Another Friday. I like Fridays, and today is as good a Friday as I'd ever seen (except Fridays that precede long weekends or vacations). This Saturday I will be going to KTC Jax, and after practice will attend my first meeting of the new Board of Directors. We will be taking our vows and having a general meeting to bring us up to speed on the status of the organization. I'm excited about it. I like being a part of the heart of an organization.

Sunday, Frankye and I will be attending another teaching on Ngondro practice. I need a lot of classes about this practice. It's time for me to actually do ngondro on a committed basis, but I'm still mystified by it and reluctant to do it incorrectly. I'm hoping another class in proper execution of these preliminary practices will clear up some of my confusion about this practice and motivate me to begin it in earnest.

Mentioning confusion reminds me of another quote, "Confusion is the absence of real feeling," from Robert Motherwell. Maybe I'm ready to get past real or unreal feeling. The feeling doesn't matter. What or if I feel doesn't matter. I need to just do it anyway.

No comments: