September 10, 2005


Hi! I'm Kess and this is my blog. It's called Crowmaxx. Crowmaxx is the combination of my two dogs, Crow, a black lab/shepard mix, and Maxx, a toy poodle. I've used the combined name for about 10 years.

Both of my beloved partners in life died in 2004. Crow died in February after she and my schnautzer Gertie broke out of our fenced yard and made their way to a public road. They were both hit by cars and killed instantly. A sad night.

Crow was a good friend. I relied on her for companionship and a sense of safety. She was a delight, playful, beautiful and sleek, and very loving. She was 10 years old when she died.

Maxx died later that year when he suffered a stroke during the aftermath of Hurricane Jean. After 6 days on no electricity and high heat my 15 year old little boy had a stoke. He had previously lost most of his hearing and sight. He was a good dog who brought me great pleasure and joy everyday that I had him.

Photo of Kess and photo of Maxx and Crow © C. Cripps 2003

No comments: