January 5, 2007

It's Just Another Day

It's only the 5th day of January and already it's turning into a wondrous 2007!

Found out today that our good friends C & S, a/k/a, J & Q will be moving to Baltimore where C has been offered a very good promotion. I'm happy for her because this new appointment opens doors to career opportunities for her that do not exist in Jacksonville. I'm happy for S because she dislikes Jax so much and has wanted to get out for quite awhile. Beyond that, in terms of my self and F, I am sad about them leaving the city. While they will remain close friends always the frequency with which we'll see them (currently at least 1 or 2x per week) will change to several longer visits a year.

Change, change is ever present and I need to take this one in stride as well.

I finished the grant request I was working on at work 5 days early so I am pleased about that. My work week was a mixture of being brain dead and achieving little to doing enormous amounts of work in a very short time. Next week is a 5 day work week and then a 3 day weekend that I will spend in Atlanta with Clio. I'm really looking forward to that.

Taylor went back to SC this week and while I am enjoying privacy again and a return to my routine, he is on my mind a lot. He's such a wonderful kid, but like most kids can do some of the most mindless dumb stuff. You cannot infuse maturity or wisdom the way you can nutritious food. At some point you have to step away from the child learning to ride a 2 wheeler with no training wheels and hope they don't damage themselves when they fall.

Suddenly I am extremely tired and want to sleep for 4000 years.

No comments: