July 3, 2008

Independence

I love national holidays. They don't exclude anyone living in America. Everyone who is on American soil on a national holiday can participate. There is no exclusion based on religion, creed, race or nationality. Independence day is a particularly good holiday to me. There are no expectations for it. It's a day off. It's a day we usually spend at home. No expectations. No stress to be happy or festive or celebratory. A day to do whatever the hell we please to do. And I am happy to do just that.

I returned to work after a 12 day vacation. When I have a good vacation I am always happy to come back to my job. I love my job, enjoy my co-workers, and feel like what I do adds depth and meaning to my life. So, while I can't wait to be retired, as long as I "have" to work, I am so grateful to be doing that here. Two days of work this week and now a 3 day weekend. Life is grand!

No comments: