July 7, 2008

I had a strange but very nice 3 day weekend. It was strange because I was clearly still in vacation mode. My brain was just not engaged with what my body needed to be doing. I misplaced my wallet, my cell phone, my eye glasses, my book, my mala beads. So many things.

Fryday I was a total slug. I don’t think I left the house at all. I was like a lump on the couch, a small part of my mind scanning the web, a smaller part listening to the TV, the largest part completely spaced out. I had a wonderful nap as well. I probably could have had 2 or 3 naps, but didn't.

Saturday I got up early and went to sangha. Afterwards, I went to pick up JuJu, but while on the phone with Lori, drove way past the turn and wound up down by NAS Jax. After the u-turn, I stopped to see Taylor, as I was driving past Caffeino anyway. I got a mango smoothie that was so cold it made my forehead and the base of my skull hurt! But it was delicious. It kept me conscious enough to drive safely to pick up Julian.

I successfully picked up Julian and we went to The Loop for lunch. At that time I had no idea where my wallet was and I had a mere $17 for us both to have lunch. I had a bowl of tomato bisque soup and Ju had....., whatever he had. It came to $16 something because I had coins left over. After lunch we went home. Ju hung out with F in the den and I went to bed for a nap. I slept 3 hours. When I got up Ju and I watched the end of the NYY/BOS game. Yankees won!!!! Then I made dinner. We all chatted and ate and at about 8 pm we went to Bruester’s for an ice cream cone and then took Julian home. What an exciting day!

Yesterday I was a little more functional, physically. Still not too connected. At noon I went to visit my cousin and Aunt and Uncle who were in Jax visiting other family. I love them all and rarely get to see them. My cousins' daughter is almost 6 (!) and just the most adorable little girl. Around 3 pm I came back and picked up F. We went to Borders for a short while, as we hadn’t been in quite a while.

Afterwards we were scheduled to meet Shannon, Lori and Dwight at Vito's. We were in Borders and I had no idea what time it was. My watch has a dead battery and I could not find my cell phone. Finally, F received a call from Lori telling us that Vito's was closed, as were most of the restaurants in the area due to electrical outages. By then it was storming, with rain and lots of lightening. We decided to see if there was a Japanese restaurant open near Bay Meadows and Southside, and actually found an Italian Restaurant called Guiliana's open. We made calls to all parties concerned and met there for dinner It was a nice restaurant, comfortable and the food was very good. We all enjoyed it.

F had brought with us gifts for Shannon's birthday, which was on the 28th, and (I thought) I had a gift for Lori and Dwight, thanking them for house sitting. Of course, I had forgotten it. I had laid it on my backpack (so I wouldn't forget it) before we left the house, but had absently moved it so I could get my backpack. DUH!!

Ok, I'm tired of this now. Time to get back to function mode. I have to work, and function, and not make mindless mistakes. No more pretending that I can just go away internally as well as physically. I need to pay attention. But it's so hard. I'm so relaxed. I'm so relaxed that for the first days after vacation started my neck hurt. My shoulders had lowered about 4 -5 inches and the stretching of my neck muscles was painful. F said I look stoned and have a far off look in my eyes. I just feel relaxed.

Later

Okey, dokey. Apparently I saved this post this morning but never published it. So the malaise continues. It's going to be a long day!!

No comments: