July 2, 2009

Friday on Thursday

Today is my Friday, even though it's Thursday. What a mind f**k we have been programmed into us. I was just going to write that I hate time, but time is not anything, it is nothing, there is nothing to hate. What I hate is the regimentation. The living on a schedule EVERY F**KING DAY of my life. Every day, day after day. What is a day? Is it only the time between sleeps? Is it daylight time? Is it a fraction of a life?

Oy, I'm in one of those moods. Time for an attitude adjustment. The positive. The positive is that over the next 3 days, I have only one commitment: going to sangha on Saturday. That's it. My work week has been exhausting. partly because I have been so busy I can barely breathe; partly because I am still tired from my trip to S.FL. Boy, that wore me out. If Brenda hadn't been there it would have been even worse. Sharing a room with her again after 40+ years was fun and comforting through the storm. My mother seems to be healing well. Glad things are better down there for them both.
July 4th weekend coming. I hope it will be quiet. It doesn't bother me much but it does freak the dogs. They will be on edge all day. Kohl has not yet experienced fireworks noise. It will be interesting to see how he reacts. He is one fun cat. Lots of personality, lots of energy, (except when napping between my legs on my recliner - like right now), lots of piss and vinegar!

I'm reading Seeking Peace by Mary Pipher. It's quite good. I see myself, I see Frankye, some of Lori. It's interesting and often quite witty. I've also just begun West With The Night by Beryl Markham, a book I have wanted to read for some time. On my iPod I just put And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks by William S. Burroughs and Jack Kerouac, a murder mystery based on a true story, co-written in alternating chapters. I'm looking forward to listening to that.

That's it for now. I hope to write more this weekend.
P.S. That's a photo of our old gal, Mittens, with her "huh?" expression.






No comments: