July 4, 2009

Practice Saturday

Practice with sangha is on the agenda for today. Afterwards F and I will have lots of errands to do.

Yesterday my sole (soul) practice was being a slug. I feel mentally and emotionally refreshed. More rested than I have felt in months. It amazes me how a day alone can feed me and rejuvenate me. I got what I needed yesterday - from me.

F and I had an enjoyable evening. I would say that it was very relaxed, but not all of it was. Between F and I it was great. She joined me in the den at 6:30. I made her eggs & cheese with multi-grain toast and a cup of tea for her 6:30 PM breakfast. I had egg noodle with butter and locatelli romano cheese - the ultimate comfort food!

What was unsettling was a dvd we watched called "An American Crime." It was a brutal movie based on a true story that took place in Indiana in the 1960's. A woman and her children scapegoat a 16 year old girl boarding with them while her parents are traveling with a carnival. The child is imprisoned in the basement of the house and repeatedly tortured, burned, and branded not only by the mother and her children, but by neighborhood teenagers who hang out in the house. The girl dies as a result of the abuse and all people, even the youngest child who participated, are charged with various crimes related to the murder. It was such an unsettling movie. Painful to watch and true which made it even more horrifying.

No comments: