July 3, 2009

Fryday afternoon

I have had exactly the day I needed to have. Quiet. Alone. F is sleeping in and enjoying alone time in the back of the house.

I did some web searching. Listened to the news. Watched Sarah Palin resign her governorship without giving a reason (in no less than about 10,000 words). Did some reading. Listened to my on-the-go playlist and Jakob Dylan's solo album on my iPod. Cut the dog's nails. Ate breakfast and lunch, drank a pot of coffee and am thinking about having another pot. Watched reruns of Bones and NCIS. Painted some pages in my moleskine journal. I prepaint the pages. I hate writing on a blank page.

My iPod on-the-go playlist:
Streets of Philadelphia - Springsteen
Lady In Red - Chris De Burg
Levon - Elton John
Faithfully - Journey
Hallelluah (live) - k.d. lang
Close My Eyes Forever - Lita Ford/Ozzie Osbourne
Ohio - Crosby Stills Nash & Young
Love Hurts - Cher
Unbreak My Heart - Toni Braxton
One - U2
Pipes of Peace - Paul McCartney
Knocking on Heaven's Door (live) Bob Dylan & the Band
Coming Home - Delaney & Bonnie with Eric Clapton

I change it about every 4 or 5 days. Some of the tunes stay longer. Sometimes I change the sequence but keep the same songs longer.

No comments: