June 26, 2009

Home Again

I got home Wed eve at about 6:30 p.m. I knew I was tired but I had no idea how tired I was until after dinner. I brought home Panera salads, so neither I nor F had to prepare a meal. Afterwards I found myself closing my eyes and listening to the news. My mind kept going, but my body was really tired. Before long I fell into a deep sleep and slept for almost 3 hours. F was very kind in allowing me to stay a sleep even though she hates when I do that, especially after I have been away for a week. I woke up and stayed up about 1 1/2 hours and then fell into bed and immediately went into a deep sleep again until 7 a.m.!!! That is a lot of sleep for me. About 10 hours. A rare occurrence.

Yesterday I was in a fog for most of my day at work. It wasn't until after lunch that I actually got a real boost of energy and went through my backed-up work like crazy. I went shopping afterwards and F did meal prep. Lovely. We had a quiet evening and I went to bed at 11. Again I slept well. Woke up at 5:30, back in the groove. And now, it's Friday!

Michael Jackson. How many blogs will have that name on it. It's sad that he died so young. But what is more sad is that he lived in so much pain - all his life, I think. In a sense, it is a good thing for him that it is over. I think he has been a defeated man for quite a while. Sad for his children, his family. He was a very, very talented entertainer. Brilliant. I think the news will be filled with the same Elvis story. Self destruction, enabled and encourage by those closest to him. Sad, sad...

Another sad story, but not unexpected, was Farrah Fawcett passing. She is not a celebrity that loomed large in my life at all. Actually, the role I remember her most for is the pretty girl she played in Myra Breckinridge with Raquel Welch. They actually had a love scene together. I remember her on Charlie's Angels, but vaguely. I saw the documentary that she made about her battle with cancer. It aired a couple of months ago. It was very honest and she was open. I left that feeling a lot of empathy for her and tremendous respect for her courage in allowing herself to be seen dealing with such an awful disease. I thought she would die sooner than she did. In fact, I thought it was unfortunate that she did, she was clearly in so much pain. She is out of that body now.

Time for me to go to work. Latah!

No comments: