June 5, 2009

fryday

Finally made it to Fryday, and it's past 5 pm. Still at work but getting ready to leave soon. This week feels as though it has been packed with stuff:

  • work as always. And that was ok
  • Tot's accident and all the emotion of that
  • Barbara arrived for her much anticipated visit and that has been very, very nice
  • my brother's emergency hospitalization, and he is doing better tho still in the hospital
  • came to work today and found that I had received a bonus, and I thought we weren't getting one this year - a nice surprise.
  • heard that a co-worker who had been having complications gave birth to a healthy preemie last night - all is well with both

Other stuff is:
  • a planned trip to Savannah for this weekend, that we can now afford to enjoy what the city has to offer a little more.
  • re-exploring and rediscovering Bob Dylan's music, after reading his book Chronicles 1 and loving it.
  • reading The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet and wishing I could sit in a chair and read it through in one sitting. (An aside to my friend josh - I think you would love this book - it's about a very smart 12 year old boy - kinda like somone I know).
  • having it be Friday evening and Barb and Frankye are coming home from St. Augustine with dinner take out
  • reconnecting with Mo on-line through facebook, and missing her and her family very much
  • having Richard back home and talking on the phone with him and doing email together

So it has been a week of weeks rolled into one week. I am ready:

  • to go home
  • to rest and relax
  • to enjoy the sound of the rain
  • to sleep well tonight
  • to have my feet up
  • to play word whomp on my computer
  • to chat with Barb and Frankye
  • to watch the telly
  • to have dinner
  • to smile and feel good about my friends, even though they are not with me
  • to forget that my parents are nuts and love them anyway (oy!)
  • to start all over tomorrow!



Oh yeah...I forgot...I have a 4 day weekend!

No comments: