February 21, 2007

I Hate This War

I hate this war. I am so angry at the people who created it. It has caused and continues to cause so much pain and suffering to so many.

I've had my own private protest against this war going for over 3 years now. On the first Veteran's Day after the start of the Iraq war I hung the American flag on the flag pole by the front gate of my house. I have not taken it down since that day. It is looking disheveled, discolored, and worn. It is a metaphor for the effect this war is having on Americans. I will not remove the flag, no matter how tattered it becomes, until the last American soldier is home from Iraq.

Everyday something comes out in the news about how this war is mishandled, how our leaders lied and manipulated the truth to get this war. We hear stories of veterans who's lives and bodies have been irrevocably damaged by the war are poorly treated in VA hospitals overflowing and underfunded. We hear stories of helicopter shootdowns, car bombs, suicide bombers and ruthless attacks on Americans who would not be in harm's way were they not sent to Iraq. 3,148 American military killed to date. Stories of innocent Iraqi civilians being slaughtered on a daily basis are mind numbing. The are dying at a rate of almost 100 a day.

This war is an abomination. The leadership of our government is an abomination. We MUST make a change. We must make it soon.

No comments: