October 31, 2008

H A L L O W E E N


Oy! I hate hoopla! I don't mind observing it. I even enjoy that aspect. It's participating in it that really puts me outside my comfort zone.


I bring it up because at work we have had a weeklong celebration of our United Way campaign. Being Halloween week, everyday was dedicated to a different theme. The first day each dept color coordinated their outfits. Then we had favorite team day - and everyone wore their favorite team colors or shirts. We had western wear day, and yesterday we had some very hysterical "tacky tourist" outfits. I did not dress for any of it. Happily so. But I did enjoy the creativity of my co-workers.


Today we will wrap up our United Way campaign with an afternoon halloween party and costume contest. I am going to bring a big sheet with me to wear as a costume because I don't want to be the only one in the room to not be wearing a costume. Talk about standing out. I'm sure I won't be the only ghost but I'll be the biggest ghost.

No comments: