June 21, 2008

Lenoir

I slept very well last night. Probably the best sleep I've had in over a week. I woke at 5:30 and quietly rattled around a bit. I made myself a cup of coffee and went on line. We have high speed in this motel and there are a number of websites I have wanted to visit. I downloaded a number of them very rapidly for later reading at the cottage. We will have rudimentary AOL dial-up service there and I'm not even sure yet if it will be a toll call. Having webpages already on my computer will give me an opportunity to catch up on some of my favorite or new blogs.

About 8 am I went downstairs and got breakfast for F and I. I made her a fresh waffle and myself a toasted bagel. We each had a hard boiled egg and 2 cups of coffee. It was delicious.

After breakfast I read aloud a teaching from Heart Advice of the Kamapa, a book of teachings given by H.H. the 17th Karmapa that was published on the occassion of his first visit to America. The teaching was on the essence of Buddhism and is quite good. F and I had a nice discussion about it afterward.

I read a little more, wrote in my journal and have now written this blog. I'm about to wake F up from her post-prandial nap and we will get up and out. We will be traveling about a half hour to Boone to attend the Boone in June art manufacturers fair sponsored each year by Cheap Joe. Afterwards we will make our way to Weaverville and to our rented cottage. I will post more during the course of our vacation.

No comments: