January 7, 2008

Back to the Grind

Monday morning again. It comes so quick. I would have loved a lazy weekend. I would have loved 48 hours of aloneness and quiet time. I didn't get that. What I got wasn't bad, but it wasn't that.

F and I have a grandson living with us again. Not sure how long it will be. He's a good kid, easy to be around. But it is an additional person here with us. My parents drove through Jax on Saturday on their return from NY. F and I met them at Smokey Bones for lunch. Afterwards she brought T to work and we had a quiet evening and dinner of cheese and crackers. Watched the Jags beat the Steelers (barely). It ended when F had to go pick up T from work. Short, but sweet.

Yesterday was F's birthday. She originally said she wanted to just stay home and be left alone. I insisted that we actually "do" something. I contacted family and friends and made arrangements for a brunch out. Wound up cancelling it and F got her original wish and stayed in all day. She got lots of sleep-in time, alone reading, breakfast in bed, chores done for her, and as much quiet time as she wished. I brought T to work, and brought her home krispy kremes, and she spent about 2 hours working on her bonzai plants out on the deck with the noodles. She said she loved it. F & D came by for a little while, bearing gifts, pizza got delivered, and T came home and a nice evening was had by all.

In a few hours I go back to work, for a full 5 day work week, in a position I'm not liking no matter how hard I try. I try, try, try to like it everyday, and just don't. I do it anyway. I do it anyway. I do it anyway.

That's it for a Monday morning.

No comments: