October 9, 2005

Remembering J.O.L.

John Lennon was born 65 years ago today! Where is the time going?
To honor him, some of my favorite lyrics of his:

I Don't Want To Face It
Say you're looking for some peace and love
Leader of a big old band
You wanna save humanity
But it's people that you just can't stand

Well now you're lookin' for a world of truth
Trying to find a better way
The time has come to see yourself
You always look the other way

Nobody Told Me
Everybody's runnin' and no one makes a move
Everyone's a winner and nothing left to lose
There's a little yellow idol to the north of Katmandu
Everybody's flying and no one leaves the ground
Everybody's crying and no one makes a sound
There's a place for us in the movies you just gotta lay around

God
God is a Concept
by which
we measure our pain

I Found Out
Now that I showed you just what I've been through
Don't take nobody's word what you can do
There ain't no Jesus don't come from the sky
now that I found out I know I can cry

Crippled Inside
you can go to church
and sing a hymn
judge me by the color
of my skinyou can
live a lie until you die
one thing you can't hide
is when you're crippled inside

Nowhere Man
Doesn't have a point of view
Knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me?


I Don't Want To Face It & Nobody Told Me © John Lennon, Lenono Music
God, I Found Out & Crippled Inside © John Lennon
Nowhere Man © Lennon/McCartney, Northern Songs, LTD

No comments: