June 13, 2007

Not Settled Yet

I can't seem to get settled on a new look for this blog. This is a bit closer I think. It feels more open and less cluttered. it's lighter, and brighter.

I wonder if being so into the "look" of it is a way to distract from the fact that I have nothing to say.

I only have snippets of thoughts and comments today.

My mother just called and said she and my father were visiting me from June 29 - July 2. I thought they were coming on June 21st. I had planned to have the weekend to myself on June 29th. I had planned to have time alone and time to do work around the house. I guess I will have to do it the previous weekend.

I read the following quote today:

"The terrorists know what they want and they will stop at nothing to get it.... Their ultimate goal is to establish a totalitarian empire, a caliphate, with Baghdad as its capital. They view the world as a battlefield and they yearn to hit us again. And now they have chosen to make Iraq the central front in their war against civilization.... They are surging their capabilities, attacking Iraqi and American forces, and killing innocent civilians. America is fighting this enemy in Iraq because that is where they have gathered. We are there because, after 9/11, we decided to deny terrorists any safe haven." ~Vice President Dick Cheney, Speech at West Point Graduation, 2007
What is this man thinking? I am so sick to death of President George W. Cheney that I want to scream, or laugh hysterically until my sides hurt and my lungs stop working.

Here's more hysteria from the powers that be:
(CBS 5) BERKELEY A Berkeley watchdog organization that tracks military spending said it uncovered a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Pentagon officials on Friday confirmed to CBS 5 that military leaders had considered, and then subsquently rejected, building the so-called "Gay Bomb."
At least that happened in 1994, before the enlightenment of the new millenium. If you could see me now I'd be rolling my eyes.

It is the absolute insanity of the leadership of this country that makes me want to fall out of the main stream of society. Yes, there are lots of stupid people in America. Everyone knows it. Even most of the stupid people know it. It's the stupid ones who don't know it that run for elected office in America. And it's the stupid ones who know they are stupid that elect them.

I was speaking to a neighbor this morning and he was telling me he is moving to a little rural town in Arkansas at the end of this month. He bought 10 acres of land with a 3 bedroom cabin on it. He won't have a full time job. He'll do odd jobs using his various talents and live simple. He said he can build a work studio on his property. He can build whatever he wants or do anything he wants with his property without concern for zoning laws and permits.

It sounded so good to me. I immediately had visions of about 5 acres of quietness somewhere in America with just a water pump and sewage drainage pipe and electricity hook-up. Kind of like a trailer park with 5 acres per trailer. Hook up a trailer to the car and drive away. Come back and hook up the trailer to the utilities and stay a while. Live freely. Why continue the rat race? The leaders of this country are going to get us all killed. It's just a matter of time.

Everytime I hear President George Cheney talk about protecting "U.S. interests" I wonder who's interests they are really talking about. Could it be Exxon-Mobil's interests? or Walmarts? Chevron's? General Motors? Who's interests are they fighting for? Not mine. Not any American I know. What interests do we have? Health care for all. Safe neighborhoods. Freedom of movement. Good, free education for all citizens regardless of age. Support for working people. A healthy environment.

I'm ranting and hadn't meant to. It was probably the phone call with my mother that set me off. Yeah, that's it. Don't get me started. Don't EVEN get me started!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Loved it!!!