October 9, 2009

My so-called life


It's been awhile since I have posted. It's all the things I can't say outloud to the world that keeps me from writing. That was a bullshit line. My life is about a whole lot more than what I choose not to talk about.

The photo is a Coleman Kenai tent I recently purchased. I recently went on my first camping trip in 25 years. I went alone, meeting friends at the campground. It was a hot rainy weekend and LOVED it anyway. There were two great parts to the trip: the time I spent alone in and around my tent, and the time I spent with my friends, MLA, and their friends. I enjoyed being outdoors more than being indoors. I spent a sweet evening alone in my tent reading and listening to the sound of the rain on my tent. I was bone dry inside. I even enjoyed the 3 hour drive there and back. All around, what a great trip!!! Loved it, can't wait to do it again.

The rest of my life is in transition. Transition without movement -- YET. My office is moving Oct 30th. But it hasn't happened yet. I had to move out of my cubby and move into temporary quarters which is basically a closet at this point. Things have been very trying at work. Stressful for me, and then the ultimate: my hard drive crashed yesterday and I lost EVERYTHING. Two years of work. My bad that I had not backed up to the server. Oy! BTW, Oy! is my clean version of shitfuckpiss, my favorite expletive.

I have always had a lot of trouble dealing with the transition space between decision and actualization. It is very uncomfortable for me. I am tedious in my decision making when it comes to big things in my life, but then once I make the decision I want and am ready mentally and emotionally for it to happen now. Never have I been able to make that happen quicker than it can happen, and that's a good thing, because I can then do it properly.

I hope to get back into a mindset of writing more. Let this be the first of many.

No comments: